Friday, March 2, 2007

Suspended Belief

I like to look at the questions posted on Yahoo! Answers and try to answer a few of them. One of the questions currently posed is purportedly by Senator John McCain. He's asking how to cut government spending in Washington, DC.

I started looking at answers he had received and found what looks like a very blatant political spin (like this is anything new). You have to expect this type of stuff, but I had a hard time believing what I was seeing. If my eyeballs are correct, any answer that isn't in line with Mr. McCain's political views has received low ratings and has been hidden. Call me a novice Yahoo! Answer person, but in recent weeks of working on answers on this site, I have not seen hidden answers anywhere else. Even the flippant, rude, answers are not hidden. If I'm being naive, someone please give me an explanation. If what I am seeing is correct this is one of the most low-down, blatant, dishonest pieces of political garbage I've ever seen. I would like to think there's another explanation for what I think I'm seeing, but if what I am seeing is real, shame on you Mr. McCain. Take all your CAP/Arizona profits and retire.

No comments: