Thursday, April 12, 2007

What Day Is It?

Now for the evening news from this mid-52ish three-time dad (but not grandpa yet :-) Hey, I thought riding my bicycle up Mount Evans was a challenge. Then I tried 12-hour rotating shifts. Interesting observation, however. Working that last 2 hours of a 12-hour shift, whether day shift or night shift, has a lot in common with the mental effort it takes to ride up Mount Evans, Hall Ranch Hwy. 7 side or ride an unexpected 15 miles extra without enough water. So, besides riding for my heart, I'm now riding to sharpen my mental focus. Now, where did I misplace those last three weeks? Bottom line -- much to be said for a regular paycheck and working in an environment where I'm not fighting the weather on a day-to-day basis.

May your pedal strokes be round and your hydration pack full.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Well Gare bear, 12 hr shifts may not be as much fun as riding a bike up the mountain but the money is better! Even though the health reward isn't. I work too many hours. It's 11pm and I just got off my laptop doing work while sitting in a Garden City hotel room since I travel for work too. Yes they have me tied around thier little corporate finger.