Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Readers of my Blog, Rejoice!

Under intense pressure to be blog-productive, The Gare Bear felt it necessary to publish part one of his next blog idea, "Could You be an Entrepeneur?"

Don't you just hate it when you are half way through creating an extensive new post and someone who is doing utility locates pulls your phone line off one of the local junction boxes. And now you have to start over on the new post? I suppose I should consider it a minor inconvenience given the fact that in my younger days we had no internet, no personal computers, no word processing machines, and if you wanted to edit something you zipped the page out of the typewriter and started over. Wow -- all that deprivation in my younger days. Makes me sound like an old geezer. Hey -- anyone remember slide rules? I had to learn that in high school. But, you know what -- lots of stuff got designed, calculated, and built using slide rules -- and the stuff is still standing.

Back to the Entrepeneur question. An entrepeneur is "one who undertakes an enterprise" according to Webster. But I think Webster is wrong. I think one who undertakes an enterprise is a Klingon. Beware, Captain Kirk!!

Reader's Digest (Feb. 2007) (now I really sound like an old geezer) had an article about entrepeneurship. They listed several characteristics gleaned from the Small Business Administration. I liked the list, and as usual, thought I should analyze it. Those of you who know me know I analzye everything. When my business failed, I needed advice. In a combination of unfortunate events, 1) I didn't know where to get advice, 2) I couldn't afford advice. So I'm thinking now, maybe I can use my experience and expertise to help some struggling entrepeneur somewhere. There's more to come.

No comments: