Wednesday, January 24, 2007

6 Weekends of Snow

Welcome from snowy Longmont, CO. While most of the globe basks in global warming, we bask in snow -- 60 inches so far this year by my count -- and it feels like normal -- like when I was growing up in Lakewood, CO. The last few years really faked out our newcomers from places like Texas and California. In 1999 or 2000 we had prairie flowers blooming in January. Now it's normal and it feels like normal -- and now some of the ways I felt (seasonal depression?) when I was growing up start to make sense -- I didn't realize it was seasonal depression at the time. The good news? At 52 I generally feel better than I did at 18. A point to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Ookami Snow said...

We have also had a fair amount of snow here for once. Also it has been really cold outside.